Thursday, August 23, 2007

Google Ads are Funny

Google Ads run on this site. I won't pretend to know how they really work but it has something to do with scanning the site for content and then placing "related" ads on the page. Hypothetically, I would then get paid when people clicked the ads (probably an approximate profit of one-millionth of a cent for each click). Since only three people read this blog, I think, I'm not raking in the dough. But it's funny to see how they work.

For example, the ads are usually child- or parenting-related. My posts are usually child- or parenting-related. But a few posts ago, I wrote about how my son was excitedly calling my husband's friend a "dude" because of his appearance. And the title of the post was "The Dude". No "Big Lebowski" ads. All of the Google ads became links to dude ranch vacations. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment