Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Stranger Danger

We've been talking a lot about strangers lately. I don't think my kids totally understand the concept of "strangers" yet - but the concept, at least, has been introduced. There are periodic pop quizzes - like this morning:

Me: So, what do you do if a stranger asks you to come with him?

M: Tell him I need to ask my mom first.

Me: Good. What do you do if he says that he already talked to your mom and it's okay?

M: Tell him I need to ask my mom first.

Me: Okay, what do you do if he just grabs you and tries to make you go with him?

M: I yell loud like this - "AHHHHHHHH" - and run away.

Me: Good job.

M: Or I could yell like this - "YETIYETIYETIYETIYETI!!!!!" - and he would think I was a Yeti and be scared of me.



[Note: the capital letter y in this font resembles a capital letter v. Do not be confused - yes, she was referring to the Abominable Snowman.]

No comments:

Post a Comment