Thursday, January 3, 2008

Laws of Nature

Not being a scientist by any stretch of the imagination, I think of "laws of nature" as things such as gravity, every action has an equal and opposite reaction, etc. The point of this post is not to debate whether those are, in fact, "laws." No, the point of this post is to add another to the list.

Everyone loves a fart joke.

As I may have mentioned, my 6 year old received 2 whoopee cushions in his stocking from Santa. Who knew Santa was so juvenile and perverse? Who knew they sold whoopee cushions at World Market?

Anyway, I just walked downstairs to observe said 6 year old entertaining his one year old brother. With the whoopee cushion. And the one year old was laughing harder than I've ever seen him laugh.

So, there you have it. Farts are funny. Even to one year olds.

1 comment:

  1. I just now noticed that this was tagged HEM. Without seeing it, I totally guessed that it was him. I mean, C will laugh if either of the big kids laugh, but H requires something really funny - and come on, farts are obviously really funny... Or maybe we all carry some gene that says we will laugh at fart and poop jokes.

    ReplyDelete