Friday, January 25, 2008

Not Funny Nor About the Kids

I'm not an overly emotional/sentimental person. Sure I cry at movies and Grey's Anatomy (I mean I would cry at Grey's if the writers' strike ever ended) and I have the occasional hormonal rant. And I have always been good at separating the realities of life and relationships from those depicted in movies. I sure as hell don't usually go around quoting movie lines for inspirational purposes. Lines from Raising Arizona? Sure. But nothing deep or emotional.

But...

I watched most of "The Last Kiss" with Zach Braff last night. And this one line just struck me as so, so true. I'd never heard it put so simply and so succinctly.

What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters. It's the only thing that counts.

Have a good day, people. Do good to those you love.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when I watched The Last Kiss. Wasn't it just amazing?

    I'm really enjoying your blog... stumbled across it and have been laughing at it ever since:)

    ReplyDelete