Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Semantics

Overheard from the kitchen this morning:

M: G, did you know that Mom is leaving and that [our cousin] is coming to babysit us today?

G: No she's not.

M: Yes she is. Mom told me.

G: No. She is not. Babysitting is for babies. "Taking care" is for big kids. She's coming to take care of us. Because We. Are. Not. Babies!

[Note: I'm going out to lunch today. Yay! Just like a real grown-up. How pathetic is my life that I'm so excited? Now I have to go clean the house quick-like for the sitter. So she doesn't think (realize?) that we live like animals. Yes, the babies' breakfast is still on the kitchen floor. It's 11 o'clock. And, yes, they eat breakfast off the floor. It's Cheerios and dry waffles if you're wondering. Don't judge. Unless you've ever had a 5 year old, a 6 year old and one year old twins. Or you're my mom. Then? Feel free to judge.]

No comments:

Post a Comment