Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy, Busier than Usual

I haven't been posting here very often lately. It's not because my kids aren't funny anymore, I swear. They're still super funny. I've just been horribly busy. About a month ago, I decided to try freelance web content and blog writing to make a little extra money. I got my first paying job almost immediately - it is regular posting for a celebrity divorce blog (which is tied to a more traditional family law website). I write about entertainer, athlete and politician domestic problems and then explain the legal issues a little. Nothing too deep, I promise.

Based largely upon my writing here on this blog, I then got a job writing content for a not-yet-launched pregnancy and newborn website. I'm in the midst of 60 articles and a potential e-book for them. Today, I'm finishing up four articles regarding surveillance laws for a hidden camera internet store. And, randomly, I'm also working on a page summary of a trial transcript for an attorney in California.

So, strangely, my 2008 tax return may list my occupation as self-employed writer instead of attorney or homemaker. Who woulda thunk it?! (Speaking of taxes, I need to get ours in the mail today!!)

To my friends, family and other random readers - I will try to post more often here. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment