Monday, April 28, 2008

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

There might be some swear words in this post, people. If you don't think you can handle it, you might want to read something else.

Let's just start at the beginning. Saturday night, my kitchen sink fell out. I shit you not - it fell out of the counter. Here it is:





So, that pretty much sucks.

And this morning, I set off to the plumbing supply store to find and price a new sink. The bad news is that the only sink that will fit my countertop cut-out is the exact fucking sink that fell out and I hated that sink. The worse news is that the only color that I might consider for the sink is a two week special order. Therefore, I am possibly without a kitchen sink for at least two weeks.

I left the plumbing supply store to head home and put the babies to bed for a nap. And promptly rear-ended another car. Thank God for Goldfish and raisins - they kept the babies occupied for about an hour while we dealt with the post-collision fallout. No one hurt. Other car was barely scratched. My car has a big fat fucking dent in the front bumper. Here it is:



Anyway, I got a ticket for inattentive driving, which - yea, that's about right. And I got into my car to head out and. Nothing. Yep, my battery was dead. Thirty minutes of the hazards and the radio killed the battery. The cop called another patrol car for a "jump pack" which didn't work. Then they radioed for jumper cables and a tow truck showed up and jump started my car for free. They were all very, very nice.

I even emailed the police chief when I got home to tell him about his nice officers. Changing my official "I hate the Leawood cops" position of my teenage years, I now officially love the Leawood police department.

Except for that ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment