Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Girl



M is playing softball for the first time this year. It's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Pink bats, black and pink gloves, stirrup socks, cleats with pink laces, batting helmets with holes in the back for ponytails. There's always been a little "boy" in my girl. She loves, loves, loves her dresses and stuffed animals. She loves, loves, loves Disney princesses and makeup. And she loves fart jokes and burps. And she looks totally awesome in sports gear. It's really cool.




I received this gorgeous bouquet this afternoon from M. She picked and arranged it herself. You can't see that the long piece of grass on the right still has roots attached. And she put it all in a lovely plastic beer pitcher stolen from a bar in Knoxville's Old City in 1994 (or was it '95 - it's all so fuzzy now). Then she placed it in the center of the kitchen table. It completes the room, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Your little girl is a doll. I think I see flower arranging in her future. :) The beer pitcher gives it that little something special.

    ReplyDelete