Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wise Beyond Her Years

This evening, M started dance class again. This will be her third year. It is the first year that she has taken an evening class. And, thus, it is the first year without her beloved Miss Marilynn.

Miss Marilynn has been the sweetest, kindest teacher. She loves on M. And on G and C and H. Her children are grown and she dotes on my kids. On all of the kids really.

On the way home from dance, I asked M who her new teacher was. "I don't remember her name."

And then, "I'm not so sure that this dance class is going to be good, Mom."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know why Miss Marilynn couldn't be the teacher."

I explained AGAIN that Miss Marilynn only teaches during the daytime and now that M is at school all day, she can only do dance in the evening.

"I am just going to miss Miss Marilynn. [pause] Sometimes, Mom, I don't really like change."

"I know baby. Nobody does. It always works out in the end though."

Heavy sigh. It's a hard lesson to learn - change - no matter if you're 5 or 35 (okay, so I'm 36 but who's counting?).

No comments:

Post a Comment