Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random

G had soccer practice yesterday at 5:30. It was unseasonably chilly for Kansas at about 58 degrees. It had rained earlier in the day and was a bit misty on the way to practice but I didn't even get the umbrella out when we got there. G had on shorts, a long-sleeved T and a track jacket. The rest of us threw on sweatshirts before we left.

Practice was cancelled. Because it was too cold. Are you freakin' kidding me?! The coach said that a lot of parents started calling to see if practice would be called off because of the rain and the cold. Mind you, I had no problem having my 20-month old twins out there with me. No one even had red cheeks! I asked the coach if he reminded those parents that soccer games are played until late October (when it can actually be cold - real cold, like freezing cold). He just gave me a "what are you gonna do?" look. What a wuss.

We ended up staying out there, running the middle school track and playing soccer (including the babies) for another hour. J even came and joined us.

In other news: H now says "puppy" whenever he sees a dog. And then he meows. He is so very bright. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment