Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkin Patch 2008

Thursday was my ninth wedding anniversary. J took a half day off of work as a surprise to me. We picked the kids up from school at the regular time and headed to a pumpkin patch close-by. We were one of about three families there because it was a weekday afternoon. It felt like we had the whole place to ourselves - it was really fun.

At the risk of sounding incredibly sappy, there was actually nothing more romantic than spending the afternoon with my husband and our four children at the freakin' pumpkin patch. Weird? Probably. Nothing gives me those early-relationship-butterflies back like watching J be a good dad. It's really, really cool.


C and Dad.


The whole family (minus me) - H refused to hold anyone's hand but fell down every third step by tripping on pumpkin vines.


H - the wanderer.


H - the whiner.

2 comments:

  1. I don't even have a husband or kids and I totally get why this would be a perfect anniversary. I always like it when guys play with my dog at the dog park...and that's not even close to what you're talking about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey happy anniversary! That same day was also my ninth anniversary. I think it looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete