Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Kickass Mudroom

We moved into our house almost two years ago. For two years, I have been wanting some built-in shelving and cabinetry in this weird little section of my garage.

My garage sits at a slight angle from the main portion of my house. This angle creates a bizarre triangular shaped entry-way between the car-portion of the garage and the house. The previous owners put hardwood down on this platform. It is huge and served as a ridiculous gathering spot for shoes, recycling, paper towels and crap for two years.
And then my husband decided to take a week off of work and hang out at home. And build me a mudroom.





This sucker is 9 1/2 feet long.







A bench! For kids to sit on. And put on their shoes! The shoes that won't be cluttering up my back hallway anymore!


A thing of beauty. Spots on the bottom left and right for my recycling cans - cardboard, glass and cans. Shelves for me to fill with crap. Space under the bench for baskets. Baskets to fill with shoes! A bench for my girl to sit on! Hooks for jackets and backpacks that will no longer be thrown on the floor of the coat closet or the floor of the back hall! Yay! (Go ahead - click on the photo for the full-size glory.)



A rockstar.




4 comments:

  1. I love it, but my husband may not love it so much when I show him the pics and tell him I want one too......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not kidding when I say it looks like you bought it at Pottery Barn.

    The mudroom shelving, not M.
    Although she could pull off some catalog modeling.

    I REALLY love this!

    And J totally deserves that beer.
    Please say that you picked him up at a secret wonderful-husband-factory somewhere that, for the price of a day at the spa and a babysitter you'd tell me how to get there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very jealous...I want a mudroom with shelving so badly. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete